SDL(Simple DirectMedia Layer) is a
cross-platform multimedia library.
Ruby is powerful and useful
object-oriented scripting language.
Ruby/SDL enables you to use SDL from Ruby. You can easily
develop a game in Ruby.
- Fast 2D graphics drawing.
- Input from keyboard, mouse, joystick.
- CD playback.
- Sound Playback with SDL_mixer
- TTF (TrueType Font) drawing with SDL_TTF
- Load image files, supporting BMP, PNM, XPM, LBM, PCX, GIF, JPEG, PNG, TGA formats with SDL_image
- mpeg playback with SMPGE
- Japanese string input with SDLSKK
- 3D graphics drawing with one of ruby opengl wrappers
- bdf font drawing with SDL_kanji
Ruby/SDL is developed on Github.
This library is distributed under LGPL 2.1.